It's a little hard to remain positive at this time of year. Homesickness kicks in, it starts to get dark early and university work appears to drown me. However, in a bid to see the world less depressing, I'm going to make a list of all the things that have made me smile.
1. The thrill that comes with reading week. SO WHAT if I have to spend it doing essays and reading a billion books, it is a week where I don't have to leave the flat, can stock up on hot beverages and tick stuff off my list.
2. Feeling less guilty about eating nice food. Stodge. I love stodgy food and autumn/winter is the perfect season to tuck into warm dinners and not feel guilty in the slightest...
3. The run up to Christmas. I always buy my gifts way before Christmas just because of finances (and because I love buying Christmas presents). The Christmas markets also come straight after Matt's birthday, which means a whole load of treats!
4. The fashion at this time of year. I always find the fits and colour palettes easy to wear, especially as summer and revealing skin make me want to go hide in a dark hole.
5. Hot beverages. Hot chocolate, steaming mugs of tea, HOT cocktails. Its all yummy and I love keeping my freezing hands wrapped around a mug.
7. Seeing Brogan and Dionne yesterday. It makes me so sad that we live far away from each other, and days like yesterday where we can meet up, have a shop and a giggle are the best. It is sod's law that two of the girls I get on best with are hours away, but at least we get to see each other every now and again!
7. Matt & my family. Coming home to Matt when it is absolutely freezing outside, when he is stood there with a hot mug of tea and the duvet bundled on the sofa - it feels pretty darn good! I love having my family come see us in Manchester too, as well as the excitement that comes from going home over December.
What has made you cheery these past few weeks?
Thanks for being patient with me whilst I get this boat-load of work done, I'll be back blogging regularly soon!